Wednesday 19 March 2014

Lets compare firms!

My company Baofeng Modern’s Annual Reports are really well presented, with a lot of vibrant colours and pictures included throughout. The report is not only professionally presented it also colour codes the sections of the report to make it easier to follow and understand.
- What is your companies report like?

  



The financial statements in Baofeng Modern’s Annual Report are named slightly differently to what is referred to in the assignment task. For example the Balance Sheet is named ‘ Consolidated Statement of Financial Position’.
- Does anyone else have slight differences like this?

To begin with I was not at all happy about being given Baofeng Modern as my company. I was nervous about having a Chinese company as I thought they would run completely different to a western organisation but I was pleasantly surprised that many of the business proceedings are similar to a majority of western organisations.
-Did anyone else have a concern like this with being given a company from a different country?

A major concern that I had with being given a Chinese company was the currency situation. I am still having a lot of trouble with this part of the financial statements.

- Is anyone having concerns with the currency difference of an overseas company?

Comment below and let me know if you are in the same situation or even if you're not and if you have any solutions to my concerns I'd love your input.

Georgia

2 comments:

  1. In regards to your second paragraph (differently named balance sheets) mine are the same. Which did confuse me also! My balance sheet is renamed, Consolidated Statement of Comprehensive Income.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to know that i'm not the only one. It is a bit confusing to figure out which is which. Thanks for your feedback :)

    ReplyDelete